Hello lovies, goooood morning! Today I thought I would do something different ,” A smoothie!”. This quarentene is making me feel like I super need a detox from all the toxic food I have been ingesting lately, and a smoothie seems like a good idea. I was watching this brazilian tv show , where this woman had only smoothies as meals ( shakes) . she was a nutricionist and her body looks great , so I want to believe that smoothies isn´t all she ingests throughout the month , mostly because the show was only recorded for a week and she exercises a lot.
Moving on, why mango and banana smoothie? The first reason is , its all I have on my fridge but let me tell you honey , I am not a banana fan but it has so many good properties that I force myself to buy them and mango well it´s mango , who doesn´t like mango ?
Mango contains vitamins, antioxidants, pectin fiber, minerals, potassium.
- Helps in the prevention of colon cancer, breast, prostate and leucemia.
- strengthens the immune system
- improves vision
- improves skin health
- combating constipation ( we have got to do the did )
Bananas on the other hand are rich in sources of sugar, carbohydrates, dietic fibers, minerals and vitamins.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Strengthens bones
- combating anemia
- Improves digestion
- offers a sense of satiety
- Rich in vitamin A, C and B complex.
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1 small sliced ripe banana
- 150 ml milk
- 120ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
How to prepare
- Peel the mango and separate the pulp from the pit. cut the polp coarsely and grind into a glass of milkshakes together with the banana.
- Add the milk, orange juice, lime juice, sugar and vanilla ice cream and grind at maximum speed for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and serve immediately.
- If your feeling artsy decorate the cups with a mint leaf.
Okay, I know, it doesn’t sound that healthy, and it’s probably not what the nutritionist at the show was taking, but I’m sure it makes your stomach smile. So enjoy the shake and if you are not satisfied and looking for a real detox , check my detox water challenge.