Hello, it’s me ! Just writing to remind you that the 7 day detox challenge is still on, by adding the 5th day detox water recipe and yes I totally agree with you “I must have been a turtle in my past life “, as this was supposed to be a 7 days post ,yet it’s taking me forever but the wait is worth right ? RIGHT! Trust me I will get better.
On the subject of turtles , if you using straws during this challenge make sure you use metal straws , spare the turtles help the environment yaay … ( and no , the turtles are not sponsoring this post ; ( ).
So we have tried detox waters containing vegetables, citrus fruits, seeds,vinegar and what not, and for the 5th day I chose herbs and fruits ( watermelon and mint) , let me tell you something I am not a fan of watermelon at all , then “ why did I choose this recipe? “you ask! Answer below.
Why I chose this specific detox water
- First of all watermelon detox water is one of those fruits that give you that I’m healthy kind of feeling after you eat it , I hope you get my point .
- And honestly the fruit itself alone does not appeal to me, but I love it infused in water specially when the drink is really cold , it’s super fresh and It’s actually something I look forward drinking now specially because it’s summer .
- Watermelon is a low-calorie fruit high in some nutrients, especially carotenoids, vitamin C and cucurbitacin E.
- The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reduce insulin resistance.
- If you are someone who is exercising during this challenge or any other time , and you suffer from muscle soreness this is the drink for you.
- You probably thinking the mint leafs are just for decoration or flavor , NOOOOOO you are WRONG:
- mint contains fair amounts of several nutrients and is an especially good source of vitamin A and antioxidants.
- They help improve digestion and get rid of stomach cramps.
- Mint may mask bad breath ….if you suffer from bad breath solution is here.
- I hope you are convinced because I am done with arguments .
- Try it , really ! you may lose weight ( if exercising or having a balanced diet), it sure may be a good replacement for cold drinks .
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 5-6 mint leaves
- ½ cup coconut water(optional)
- 2 cups of water
Well you just mix all together , put it in the fridge overnight or you can drink in that instant , I personally prefer the drink without coconut water but you could try and see what works for you .