hey, I am still on flightless ,bag less, trip around Asia. If you are new here and share the same passion for Asian cuisine as I do , you may want to check some of my previous posts, I have covered,eggs, salads, appetizers, soups, and what not . If you have been here for a while ,I am glad you are back.
This recipe serves 3-4
- 2 boneless chicken breasts ( 300 gm) – kept on the freezer to become firm.
- 2 egg whites ( discard yolk)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp salt\
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp ajinomoto
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 dry red chilies -cut diagonally into 1 piece
- 2 spring onions – thickly sliced diagonally
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp ajinomoto ( optional )
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 salt
How to prepare
- Cut the chicken breasts into very thin slices .
- Mix all ingredients of the batter well till no lumps are visible
- Add the chicken.
- Deep fry in 2 batches till light golden and crispy.
- When adding chicken to oil for frying , keep them spaced out and let each batch be in oil on low medium heat for about 4 minutes. Do not over fry to make the coating brown or too crispy as this will turn the chicken hard and chewy. Keep aside.
- Add 3 tbsp in a pan . Put red chilies and the whites of spring onion . Stir 4-5 times. Reduce heat.
- Mix tomato ketchup,chili oil ,salt, pepper ,ajinomoto and cornflour together in a bowl. Add to the onions. Mix well.
- Add chicken. Add honey , mix!
- Add about 1/.2 cup of greens of spring onions.