Hey dearies, I have recently expressed my love for Asian cuisine, I have posted recipes some recipes that I am fond of and would love to share with you , so if that’s something you would like to see , we have eggs ,appetizers ,salads, soups and today we have a chicken dish recipe. I know we have done Japanese before but I couldn’t help myself , I love teriyaki chicken.
Teriyaki, a japanese technique of cooking , comes from a combination of two Japanese words – “Teri” meaning lustre and “yaki” meaning grill. It is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine in which foods are broiled or grilled with a glaze of soy sauce, mirin, and sugar.
- Serves 4-5
- 500 g boneless chicken – cut into 1/2″pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin or 1 tbsp red wine mixed wih 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 1/2tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 spring onion finely chopped including the greens
- 1/2 tsp oil, preferably sesame oil
How to prepare
- Combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate chicken in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add the marinated chicken along with the marinade. Cook, stirring occasionally ,till chicken is done, for about 4-5 minutes. To check if the chicken is done, break a piece of chicken with 2 forks. If it breaks easily without any resistance, it is done.
- Do not overcook and make it hard, serve it hot.