Hi , I am back and I am as consistent as it can get with the all long distance relationship with Asian cuisine , so far we had , eggs, appetizers ,and soup , today we are going for a salad from the land of rising sun.
The fish is cooked in a tataki style ( see featured image ). A tataki style in Japanese cooking is a dish consisting of meat or fish that can be prepared in two ways. The tataki method we are going to use for this unusual but tasty salad , is the one where we quickly sear the fish on the outside . This recipe serves 4-6 .
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tomato diced into 1/4 pieces
- 1/2 red or green capsicum (pepper) sliced
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger
- a pinch freshly grounded black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 150 gm fish steak /fillet ( tuna fish is a great choice for a fish)
- 1/2 cup minced ginger
- 4 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients of the ginger saucein a small bowl. keep aside.
- combine all the salad ingredients.
- On a plate, mix together minced ginger ,sesame seeds ,pepper and salt.
- Roll the fish fillets in the sesame seeds mixture, pressing lightly so the mixture sticks to the fish .
- Heat 3tbsp of oil in a frying pan over high heat .
- Add 3-4 fish fillets .
- Cook for 1 minute on each side till done . Keep aside.
- Cut the fish into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the lemon juice to the hot pan with the remaining oil.
- Swirl the pan and immediately pour this over the fried fish.
- Stir the ginger sauce and add half of it to the salad mixture.
- Reserve the rest for garnish.
- Toss the salad to mix well .
- Place the salad on a platter. Top with sliced fish and drizzle the remaining ginger sauce on the fish.
- Serve ,eat and thank me later.