Today we are travelling to Thailand (theoretically), we are going to make a Thai chicken coconut soup , this soup has a distinctive mellow flavor , when I say mellow I mean compared to other Thai soups that are “hot”.
This recipe serve for 4 .
- 300 gm boneless chicken – chopped
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced ginger
- 2 1/4 Cups of water
- 4 tbsp of crushed coriander sprigs with roots
- 12 black peppercorns -crushed
- 2 stems of lemon grass
- 2 green chilies ( remove seeds and thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves – thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice or to taste
How to prepare
- Place the chicken, ginger and water in a pan.
- Add chopped coriander, pepper, lemon grass, chilies, salt and kaffir leaves.
- Cook over low heat and bring to a boil. Simmer ,covered , until the chicken is tender for about 5- 7 minutes.
- reduce heat and add coconut milk, stirring constantly. Let it simmer for 2 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice to taste .
- Serve hot sprinkled with coriander leaves.