Hello, I know I’ve been slower than a snail lately ,I apologize , for our 3 day of the water challenge ( Yes it’s still going on ) I bring to you an infused water that has one of my favorites super food as the main ingredient : Chia seeds.
Why I chose this recipe?
Chia seeds are my favorite type of superfood , they are the practical definition of “ don’t judge a captain by it’s dinghy”, Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They’re loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids , calcium ,protein and as hard as it is not to believe they are gluten free.
- Because they contain protein which is a friendly weight loss micro nutrient which can help reduce your appetite and cravings.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
- chia seeds may lower the rise in blood sugar after a high-carb meal, possibly benefiting people with type 2 diabetes.
Apart from all the scientific stuff , I love the texture of the seeds when soaked into water and visually it’s pleasing to the eye , when added to water they swell up and form and take on a gel like consistency , I don’t know about you but the texture opens my appetite for more water ,even that even makes sense .
- 16 ounces of water
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 1-3 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- lemon slices(optional)
- stevia or honey (optional)
Ok , this one you can have it as the first thing in the morning , replacing your tea for it , and or having it through out the day . All you have to do is add chia seeds a jar containing room temperature water , stir well for about 10 min until forming the a jelly texture , you can refrigerate over night or soak throughout the night . just make sure when the process is done , you store in a fridge and only add the lemon drops and lemon slices (optional) when ready to drink, I prefer it without honey but if you would like a sweeten it up add honey or 1-3 drops of stevia.