Yes, I am in a mood to talk about food …why ?because I love to eat and what better season to talk about food than Christmas season… MASHED POTATOES , I love mashed potatoes well I love everything made out of potatoes so ya, I have tasted and made good mashed potatoes through out the years , but I have also made really bad mashed potatoes so it is safe to say , that I know what I am doing (no I don’t) . here I will write the recipes that were easy to make even for me and the plate licking recipes (both in the same category) …OK I never really know how to start these things… with no further due here are my favorite creamiest mashed potatoes recipes in my world ( before you start coming at me ).
- 6 cups chicken broth/ water
- 5 pounds russet potatoes,
- washed and peeled
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- start by pouring the chicken broth into a large pot and let it boil, the reason why I use chicken broth in this recipe is because it adds an additional layer of flavor to the potatoes but if chicken is not your thing then you can add water .
- now we are going to chop the potatoes , in small cubes we want them to be the same size and remember the smaller they are they will faster they cook.
- after you finished them over transfer them to the pot with boiling chicken broth/ water , bring the broth back to a boil and let the potatoes simmer until they are nice and tender ,it should take about 15 minutes depending on how big your little chunks are .
- once your potatoes are nice and tender remove them from the pot,and transfer them to a large mixing bowl, reserve your cooking liquids in case you need to thin up your potatoes later.
- next add half cup of butter , add 4 oz of cream cheese for that extra creaminess but if you don’t like cream cheese for whatever reason you can add sour cream or nothing at all .
- half a cup of butter milk or regular milk and a tea spoon
- now use a hand mixer , the heat from the potato is gonna melt the butter and cream cheese.. whip it right up until every single chunk is as smooth as a baby butt ( I don’t know why I said that But I am not deleting it ).
if you ever try this recipe don’t forget to comment below the result. 🙂
- 4 lbs (12 medium) russet potatoes,
- peeled 1 1/4 cups hot milk
- 2 sticks (226 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature (not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley or chives, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- for this recipe we are going to use russet potatoes, peel the potatoes rinse them to remove excess starch and prevent them from discoloring, do not chop them.
- transfer them to a cooking pot and add enough cold water to cover the top of the potatoes, boil them enough to be able to break them with your hands
- drain the potatoes really well, and transfer them to the bowl of your stand mixer in your ,grab the mixer attachment and try to break the potatoes by hand. transfer the bowl into your stand mixer ,with the same mix attachment mix on low speed for 30 seconds , then increase to medium speed and slowly drizzle in the hot milk (hot milk incorporates easier in potatoes and keeps them warm) the potatoes should look creamy but not over loose. with the mixer on add 16 table spoons of softened butter, 1 table spoon at time waiting a few seconds before each addition for taste add salt.
SERVE – to make it look good drizzle melted butter over the top and sprinkle fresh parsley or any green tasty herbs really.
Tell me which one you can’t wait to try …Do share recipes you would like to see in the site down below or contact me.